Old 04-13-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
sleepie

I keep thinking I should break up with my bf. He is really nice but I don't want to be a burden to him. I'm a learning disordered addict. Nobody in their right mind would be attracted to that. I read about co-dependancy and I know he wants me to be happy and helps me with things. I keep asking him to make sure he has boundaries and say no and stuff if he is busy and not just feel like he has to shoulder this burden. I'm always going to be a burden because I am a dum dum, sorry if you guys don't like that word but everything can't be PC all the time. We discuss this all the time but he does not seem to be concerned about it. I told him all about how bad it is and will take a toll on him.

Knowing I will never be my partner's equal if I have nvld- doesn't that make me dependent to some degree? He will always make more money than me. He won't make the dumb mistakes I always do, he manages things better, he can read a map in the car... He comes from a better place and better family. I haven't got anyone since I had to go no contact with my abusive family years ago. Doesn't all that make me just the wrong side of the co-dependent since I am the LD addict?

I didn't ask for any of it, true- but I really can't change my grey matter either and I feel I should set him free. He's really good to me but I think he should put his efforts into something/someone more worthy who doesn't take as much patience and effort as I do. Plus, needing extra effort and patience makes me feel even worse about myself.

I am always worried about this. I've just felt s****y about myself 24/7 since I saw that Dr. My testing is in 6 days. I am a wreck. I don't feel I have any right to anything good in life. Or a whole and healthy partner.