Old 04-12-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
mandosca

Originally Posted by amazingjoy View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm so happy to see we are on a Part 2...yay!

I've caught up with all of the posts...sorry if I missed someone please don't take it personally...this class is growing and it can be hard to keep up but I love that we have such a good class and it's growing!

mandosca, I can also be triggered by negativity and it REALLY gets to me when it is directed towards my daughter! I've heard this a couple of times here on SR that it will do us no good to "drink at them" when we are feeling like that. It is like taking poison and expecting the other person to feel bad. I try to remember that and instead do something healthy to cope instead of drink to dull it out.

amp123, nice challenge to make it to a part 3...I like it!

Winslow, I relate to the sinus issues, in fact, I finally had a sinus surgery last spring and wow, what a difference! Unbelievable really! I sleep so much better and have not had ONE infection in a whole year!

Hi HeatherKy1! Welcome to the April class! Way to get your "413" on! My daughter really likes this artist Spencer Kane...check out his song 413 (keep in mind that my daughter is almost 10 years old). This song is all about Phillipians 4:13. :-)

83mama0f2, great job on the diet ginger ale and making through your night and shutting down the AV quickly! It is a really great thing you were able to share with your MIL and that she is supportive. You must have a pretty good relationship!

charliesworld, thanks for the updates. I'm trying to keep more busy too so I don't eat so much in place of the drinking! I think many of us can relate to that! stargazer016 said it well..."staying busy is the key".

KarenOskie, you can make it through day 3. The first days are the hardest but if you can just stand strong, you will feel so good about it! Do you have any motivational podcasts or music that you can listen to throughout the day or at the end of the day when you might be at your weakest and are out and about? Something that will help deter you from picking up anything in those moments?

CountryGal, I had the same type of moments with my husband and I'm trying my best to just bit my tongue and wait for it to be over so I can go "recover" from the madness by doing something more healthy than drinking (like punching and kicking the kick bag downstairs ha ha!).
You're absolutely right AmazingJoy, drinking won't help anything... I use to drink to ignore my husband and his negativity but then sometimes I would bring it up when half in the bag and he wouldn't take me seriously anyways. So it did absolutely no good. I was in tears last night because I just couldn't listen to it anymore. He really brings me down sometimes. I wish I could just escape to another room but there's always stuff that has to be done, besides, he would just follow me anyways. Lol