View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Within 5 minutes he replied. Told me I should follow my own advice and shut the f up.

Police were called.

I just showed the police the email (kids are at sports, I went to station). And the emails of last night too.

They said that if he as much as contacts me again, they will take an official report. Something about it has to happen twice...

I am going to follow through- EVERY time.

I think that THIS is the surest (I hope) way to get the police involved in a way that could result in charges for him.

Pursuing a RO on my own, is a civil matter and not that useful. A criminal charge is what will make an impact.

And given his inability to adhere to rules, hopefully he will end up in jail.

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I like it--but just as with a protective order, it's good only to the extent you're willing to follow through with it. If you don't, he will know only that he "got to you" and that you won't do anything about it, and he will have "won," in his mind.

If you're prepared to follow through, each and every time--even if the police don't do anything the first, or even the second time--then it's a good strategy. His continued emailing of you after receipt of that email would seem to fall squarely within the harassment statute.

Hey, it's never too late to go to law school.