View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
vaya

Thank you all. I meant he can't be in residential treatment on Methadone. he does get counseling at the methadone clinic, which I guess is a type of outpatient clinic. He also gets drug tested. Most residential treatments restrict you for the first 30 or 60 days and he wouldn't be permitted to go and dose every day. He would also have to taper off the methadone before this kind of treatment, which usually takes a couple to few weeks, or else he would be facing double withdrawals.
Today i brought him to the clinic for his does and he threw it up right after because he was sick from dope and sick from missing his dose for the last 2 days. May be other factors as well, including a rotting tooth needing extraction.
He is very conflicted now because he feels methadone doesn't help his anxiety, but cant see that heroin makes it worse given the insane cycle of avoiding getting sick, getting in trouble, losing/spending all his money, etc...
i am making progress in trying to step back and let him come to his own concludsions rather than try to make him see how insane it is when he is using. I do suggest at times and am learning to just listen at others. I'm so sad he doesn't see the insanity and is in denial about what using has done to him. At the same time he has goals, but may see he cannot reach them while he continues to use. I just pray he will see the insanity of his ways and meanwhile do help him get to the clinic 5 days a week, since it's near my job . I will be supportive, help provide transportation so he can get groceries and help with some things, but am pulling back more and more so he will grow up and learn how to deal with things.