View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Elle126

Hi Charlie
I feel for you so much right now I really do.
As an old timer in AA told me recently in his drinking days having 3 meetings a day in the rooms under his apartment did not stop him drinking when he was in his addiction.
This illness is very cunning and very powerful. As you say, you could have just had a bath and and gone to bed and life would be so much different today but when the illness is allowed in for one second, all caution and all the hard work you have put in is thrown to the wind.
I spoke to my sponsor about my recent behaviour and she asked me to look at my triggers and my behaviours prior to relapse so that I could recognise them and know in the future when I was putting myself into a place of vulnerability and try to avoid going there.
Less than a year is still early days and so we are still extremely vulnerable to our triggers..... Try to look at your thought processes prior to picking up. Relapses don't just happen, often they are planned by our inner saboteur who constantly sits in wait.
The main thing is you are here, you are back and you have not given up. Do not despair, be kind to yourself and begin again.
Big hugs
Elle