Old 04-04-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Good on you for just allowing those feelings to happen, LillianGish. I think that's been one of the keys for recovery so far for me. It's OK to feel things. We don't have to numb ourselves with alcohol.

Like I said, I only just watched the first episode of American Crime Story. I hadn't had any interest in watching it when I first heard about it, thought "Well, I was alive in 1994 to 1996, why would I ever watch this?" But I kept hearing such good things about it I decided to give it a shot tonight. Really enjoyed the first episode except for the stupid dialogue about the Kardashian kids that was obviously the writers pandering to the audience. I'll keep watching. It'll probably take me a few weeks to catch up. I try not to binge on any one television show now. I don't need to binge on anything in my life except maybe my participation here on SR.

Even though I'm in the Central time zone, I get you on the feeling behind thing. I typically work until ten or eleven or midnight most nights so I'm usually on here late catching up. Like I said earlier, it's been way too quiet in here tonight though. Our Australian members are usually around pretty late though. Speaking of, hope that Mish checks in soon. It's been too long!

Speaking of television shows, I'm about to watch tonight's Better Call Saul and then head to bed. Thank you all for keeping me sober today. I will talk to you in the morning.

Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.