Old 04-04-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Oh man, I had a post halfway done and then my computer just went rogue...seriously irritated! OK, starting over but the first version was much better.

I forgot the feeling of being on the west coast USA and being behind everyone else. I know the world is round and all, but I feel behind so let me be illogical...LOL!

CaseyW - the OJ show....YES! Really digging that too. Although I cannot quite make the jump in believing John Travolta is Robert Sharpiro.

BobbieK - kind thoughts for you and your son. That must be hard, but glad you are good. (((hug)))

Clearlyheaded - Dogs and snacks! A lovely combo. I am finding that spending time with my four dogs helps change my perspective about drinking. They bring out the best in me....hokie feeling I know.

Immri - I'm on day 3 too, so I'm not in a position to give advice, but I hope you stay strong. Feelings pass if you give it time. And yeah, if I couldn't have coffee, that would be a deal breaker on this whole thing!

Kayak - so glad you're moving forward. Proud!

Kiki - Hope you stay. Slipping is part of the learning process of most of us.

Purplrks - great job!

To everyone - thank you for letting me join this class. It's a great group you have.

Today, I finished my business meeting, ran through a drive-thru for food and came straight to the hotel. I have become acutely aware that when I have to speak in front of large groups of people, or be around a lot of people, I get very stressed. Alcohol has been my medicine for that and typically about now, I'd be opening a wine bottle and "chilling out." I see it, I recognize it, I sit with the discomfort.....and I mentally chill out slowly. Introverts...jeez I hate being one.