View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Delizadee

All I can really say is, love her unconditionally anyways. No matter what. All you can do is work on your end of things.
And what that means is continuing to take care of yourself, working on your sobriety, and loving yourself no matter what happens. It's hard to let go of expectations. But selflessness means growing to accept that you have to be patient and let her find her own way to happiness, with or without you. You cannot undo the past, but you can give 'it' away with love and kindness and expecting nothing in return.
If there is no condition or expiration on your love for her, I think you're on the right path. Keep working on yourself and when you do reach out to her remember to tell her you love her and hope for happiness for her.
At the end of the day we can't give away to others what we don't have for ourselves.

Have you talked to a sponsor about amends, or a counselor on how to deal with this?
Stay strong my friend. I wish you peace and happiness and good job so far in your journey.