View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
ReadyOrNot123

That sounds like a great weekend Mets, enjoy.

HOLY CRAP what an awful day. Working in operations is such a thankless job, nothing you do is ever enough. And today nothing was enough for an awful lot of people and I have had enough. And then my husband keeps yapping at me that I get too stressed out. He's been out of work for how many years, I'm the breadwinner, run a department of 20 in an industry that lays off people constantly, that never has enough resources, that wants to offshore everything to save money, that has clients who take needy to new levels, colleagues who pass the buck constantly, bosses who oversimplify everything in order to justify lack of staff or technology, who talk in circles and then call you a whiner when you try to illustrate the obstacles, meetings that are never ending and unnecessary if only the people who call them could summarize what they want and how they want it. It's a miracle that I'm fairly calm ever! Usually I might speak through gritted teeth when I get frustrated or angry but I try to rein it in. Today I lost that battle 3 times and although I'm not proud of it, I am also not beating myself up about it. Am I WAY behind on my own work? Yes. Am I logging off now and taking a couple of advil? Yes. Am I going to the store and picking up some ice cream? YES!!!