Old 03-30-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Just got back from doing laundry at my dad's house. Glad it's over with. Wanted to shoot the TV while I was there as they had it on a political interview with someone I despise. Won't say anymore than that as politics should definitely not enter this place. They have nothing to do with recovery.

Bought a huge bag of Easter candy from the grocery store on the way home for $6. I don't need the candy but I wanted it. I'm blessed with a pretty good metabolism even at age 41 but still like to try and eat healthy most of the time. But not tonight. I was craving something sweet so I got a big bag full of sweet options.

The neighbor's baby won't stop screaming. Ugh.

Originally Posted by foryoumyson View Post
Day 3.

Kind of a rough day was foggy and couldn't concentrate at all which made for a rough day and alot of mistakes. Then I came home and did nothing but eat..but still not drinking so ill take it.
So glad you've joined us, foryoumyson. Congrats on day 3. I can definitely relate to that early-on brain fog. I'm on day 18 and it's dissipated for the most part. Stick with us!

Thanks for sharing about your dad's drinking, forabetterlife. While I was aware of his passing, I had missed you telling about his drinking before. Glad you weren't able to get that drink today. Maybe the lack of control, ie not having the car, was the actual problem. Like you want what you know there's no way you can have?

I don't know if you have any spiritual or religious beliefs, rah555. If you do, maybe you and your husband could find some fellowship at a church. Just a thought, and I certainly understand if it's not an option. I know it's not really one for me personally. I know you mentioned exercise and some counseling as things you wanted to get into this morning. Keep those goals in mind. I feel for all the stress you're under--just keep reminding yourself that drinking is only going to make it worse.

I'll look into that book, KiKi. Thanks for the suggestion.

Worried a little about our Fabela. She hasn't posted in here or in her own help thread in quite a while today. Hope she's just busy and all is OK.

If any of you haven't checked in yet today, hope you'll do so soon. If you've been drinking, hope you'll stop doing so immediately and re-affirm your membership in this class. Today is a great day to start your recovery!