Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
lovingliving

Originally Posted by lein View Post
Yey, my daughter is coming up at the weekend, she just rang.
I miss that girl so much, it has been the hardest thing in my life, letting her go. She moved away almost two years ago for work, I was hoping she would move back here to the NE again one day, but she is making a good life for herself down there.

She is only 23 but has just had a promotion from staff nurse to clinical lead of the mental health unit she works in.
I think I have such a hard time letting her go, because I wasted so much of her childhood drinking.
She is a bossy little thing though, she looks like I did when I was 23..the spitting image, but she couldn't be more different personality wise (which is a good thing )
She does talk to me like I'm one of her patients at times though haha
If we are in a supermarket and I talk too loudly for her, she'll hiss "Indoor voice, mother, indoor voice"
Or when we leave a place she'll say "Have you got your bag? Have you got your gloves?"
Or when we were at a carvery "You have enough on your plate, you cannot get anymore on" before Ive even finished balancing everything I want into a 3ft pyramid on the plate!
She says I am "eccentric" My psychotherapist said to me years ago "There is nothing wrong with you, you are just eccentric"
I was in a bad mood about that for 3 weeks..I used to go to the sessions just to sit and give him evils.
This was after he had diagnosed and treated me for PTSD which I had taken for depression, and years before a psychatrist had said was manic depression and tried to give me lithium, which I wouldn't take.

Anyway, the psychotherapist must have been right because I haven't had a single episode of depression in the years since I saw him.
Feel perfectly fine mentally when Im not drinking. Good job I wouldn't take the bloody lithium that mad psychatrist tried to give me.
Ha ha, I am a little eccentric too. Why do doctors want to medicate the best part of you? I like that I am quirky. Makes life more fun, especially sober!