Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 11:34 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
lein

Why Your Self Talk
Will Affect Your Life

Words and thoughts have their own energy, including self talk. Everything you think and say affects your personal vibration, and the way you feel.

Try this little exercise for me. Say the sentence below to yourself (in your head is just fine). Say it several times, and when you do, notice how it makes you feel. Notice the sensations and reactions in your body. How does it affect your mood? Give it a try.

"I'm so useless and pathetic. I'm no good at anything, and everything goes wrong for me. Nobody loves me that much - why would they? And what if I end up with some horrible disease? The cancer rate these days is really high - it would be just my luck! And I'm always broke - I never have any money. It's not fair! Gee, I hope the plane I'm going on next week doesn't crash."

Okay, so now how do you feel? I notice my body suddenly feeling very heavy after saying this just once.

Now trying saying the following sentence to yourself several times:

"I am so proud of myself. I put my best effort into that assignment, and I know I'll do well. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people around me, and I really appreciate all the little things in my life. And what a beautiful day it is outside today! I feel great! And I'm really excited about that plane trip next week."

After saying this to myself, I feel wonderfully light!

I copy and pasted that, but you can actually feel yourself getting heavier reading the negative one!