View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Mera:
So sorry that the visit with your kids didn't take place. But the good news is that you don't have to drink as a result. That only makes it worse. Alcohol as you know is a depressant so, although it seems to help at first, it ends up making a person angry and saying "Poor me!" And it's a challenge to get ready for a meeting with your kids but all you have to say is "I'm getting so much better from my sickness and I'll be home soon. I love you and miss you so much!" When I was in a rehab I explained to my oldest boy why I was there and that it was a family illness, never to be ashamed of it but always to guard against it. And he and his brother have done that. One is now 55 and the other is 54. Each has maybe only one drink and then stops. I'm glad I got up the nerve to tell them about it and by doing so I saved them a lot of heartache. If you want you can tell them more about it later on. They will admire you for recovering from it. Many don't.
We so look forward to hearing from you! You are absolutely doing the right thing in the right way at the right place with the right people. Keep walking up the hill (it gets less and less steep), guard against relapses and the "pink cloud". The sun will come out in your life. May it always shine on you! Have a glorious and happy Easter! You are in our hearts, hopes and prayers. Happy Easter!

Bill.