Thread: "Today's Hope"
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
honeypig

March 20

This is posted from the "Today's Hope" site of Alanon.

DAILY SLOGAN/SAYING:
You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

DAILY REFLECTION:
One Day at a Time

One day at a time is how I get through every part of my life. My meetings have allowed me to take each new day when I wake up as a gift. I start on the ride to school with my son and we each say what we are grateful for. I am able to say I am sorry when I have had a slip and have lost my temper with him.

The greatest gift is that each moment is an opportunity to be the person I really want to be. I share with my son about 'HALT - Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired" and if perhaps I hadn't used that tool this time, but I also tell him when I am using it. It helps the whole family to recognize those feelings and to act on them in appropriate ways by eating, napping, leaving the room, calling an Al-Anon or Alateen friend.

Daily readers almost always give me something to work on and I find my Higher Power through reading and listening to the people in my group share. Just for today I am still with my husband and I am able to find joy. I appreciate my son and the time I have with him. *I have found hope, joy, peace and friendship. I am learning unconditional love my myself, my alcoholic and my children.

Daily share from the forum can be found here: Today's Sharing - Today's Hope