View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
Not a new situation to all you good folks, and I'm not new to this forum. I can't seem to get to the wanting to be sober more than wanting to drink stage. I'm posting because I want something different even though I'm still not there mentally. Perhaps a reply might finally get me to see the light. I honestly don't know, but reaching out can't hurt.

I've been a daily for longer than I'm prepared to admit. I've also read this forum daily for at least two years, not counting the previous time I was a member. I have chosen not to return under that identity, but know that I have not forgotten any help I was offered.

I've not had any major consequences, aside from isolation. So yeah, that's not not major. I tend to minimize that aspect. I'll learn of any potential health aspects (of which I'm not already aware) with my next physical in a few weeks.

Bottom line: perhaps I need some tough love to get me to see what I seem to refuse to see. I might join the March class, but I remain guarded and unsure of my ability to do so and not fail, be a better person, etc.

Thanks for reading.
stop lookin at the physical consequences and start lookin at the mental and emotional consequences.
it wont get any better. keep drinkin then some day you might say,"if i only would have stopped drinking before:
i lost my job
family and friends walked away from me
ended up on the street.
got a dui
got cirrhosis
killed someone"
and the list can be added to.

or stop now and ya wont have to experience those "yets" many of us have