View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
strategery

I can relate to where you're at. When I first came here, I wasn't sure I was ready to stop either even though I felt in my gut that I needed to stop.

One of the things when I first came here that made my blood run cold is that if something hasn't happened, it hasn't happened to you YET. While I never experienced those yets, I didn't want to experience some of the things I have seen on these boards, such as physical dependence, injuries, significant health issues, loss of relationships, jail, hurting or injuring others, or even death. You ultimately have the power to say when enough is enough before any of these things happen.

One of the things that helped start get me in the right direction, is a commitment to getting 90 days sober by a certain date. I gave myself hard deadlines. If I was having issues getting sober, I would do AA. If I continued to have issues, I would do outpatient. If I continued to have problems getting sober, I would go to inpatient rehab. Maybe setting this kind of goal might help you too in getting your recovery going.