View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I love coming here.

It's been a crazy week at my new job but I just wanted to mention that I'm not looking to get married; at least not in the next few years. I watched my mom and my aunt move in with men after their divorces, not being married right away, and then eventually tying the knot a few years later and they are both still happily with their men (20 plus years later).

I have seen all scenarios and I don't know what the right answer is, honestly. I have a friend who abstained from even kissing his wife before they were married and they had a bitter awful divorce a few years ago, after 15 years of marriage and 3 kids. I've seen people have happy loving relationships for 10 plus years but NEVER opt for a formal marriage. And, I know a multitude of people who are my age who are absolutely miserable in their marriages but are staying together because of financial reasons or because they own businesses or have debts or problems with their kids and so they stay married.

I don't think there are any true right or wrong answers. I do know that I will be waiting to live with my guy, but I will say that I am OK with living with him outside of marriage. The idea of marriage does not appeal to me. And, honestly, my bf is probably more pro marriage than I am. If I were to move in with him, I honestly think he would propose in the future and since I'm not sure about marriage in general, it's one of the reasons I'm holding off on moving in together. I guess I'm afraid I might encourage him, lol?

Either way, until I'm 100% certain and until he and I have some more dating time under our belts, I'm OK with how things are right now. I love him, he's told me he loves me and is committed to me. His kids love us both and all the kids get along well together. Actually, my son really does enjoy being around the girls and he watches over them like they're his little sisters. Things are good.......totally crazy and hectic, but GOOD, LOL!