View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 07:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Soul Catcher

I heard the question asked "what do you want from this?".. I know I know. You want him to feel your pain. You want the words to be that he KNOWS he did it! Not if you "think" he did that. He is still not taking the blame. I have drank thousands of times and I remember everything I said to people, might be bits and peices but I know if I was being a jerk or not. We feel like "omg, do you know what I had to put up with for you?" The sad part is HOW many times have you TOLD him exactly how you felt? He's heard it before...he is not ready to accept that it was his fault or the alcohol that caused you to feel this way. SOunds like he's still putting it on you. I personally would respond but I tend to put it all out there because I am the one that I have to live with in the end and to make me happy I would have to get a red pen and put my feelings. To make amends to me is to have someone forgive you. How can you fully forgive if you don't feel the apology is correct. Sorry but I would have to set him straight and leave it with a "I wish you the best" I have been through a bunch with my AH and I can not forgive him or forget. God can judge him not me but my heart will not let go of the things he has done to me. I don't let it bother me everyday nor does it make my life hell. I just left it all in Gods hands. I'm human, and the only thing my ah's words and "sorry's" have done is make me stronger and I don't even acknowledge to him that he's worth caring about. Let them do what they can t o make themselves feel better and we do what we have to do to make us feel better. In the end, like I said...we have to live with ourselves and our thoughts. Good luck!