Thread: "Today's Hope"
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Liveitwell

Hi guys! Honeypig asked me to fill in for her so please be nice since I'm not a techs person and don't know how to format

March 17th

Daily Slogan/Saying

Do what you can, and do it well. Accept the rest with equanimity, and trust in God. No one can ever do more than that.

Daily Reflection

The bad things, the good things
Be thankful for the bad things in life, for they opened your eyes to the good things you weren’t paying attention to before. – Unknown

I can easily get sucked into focusing on one thing that is bad in my life, at the expense of the rest of the things that are good. One evening, I was talking to a friend before a meeting, and I was complaining about how badly my life was going. My loved one had relapsed, and I was suffering. She asked me, “Did anything good happen today?”. I paused, thought for a moment, and then said “Well, yes. I got a massage this afternoon. The sun was out and it made the white snow all sparkly and bright. And, I’m at a meeting.” That simple question shifted my focus from the one bad thing to several good things. For the rest of the evening, I was feeling good, because I had let go of my obsession on what was wrong to just see that things were also good.