View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sobersolstice

The quote: "Maybe if I start dating someone who has their sh1t together I'd be ok...he could take care of me. " resonated with me as well. I am male, and was dating someone who kept telling me to "get my sh1t together", that I'm an idiot, etc. Granted, she was making decent money ($500k/yr), and I own a business, yet was always getting put down. It's nice to be able to enjoy the fruits of your own hard work, but I was always put down because I couldn't do extravagant things at the drop of a hat. We were both alcoholics, and remember her saying she'd buy me a nice work truck if I can stay sober for a month. She made it a day. I did the whole month, and joked about the truck. I'm not ready to date. I've accepted that I need to work on myself more before I pursue a relationship.

Humans are trying to catch up with the pace of the world. Never in history do I believe we've had so much mental conflict in this realm. I'm always contemplating my existence and wondering how everything fits together in this world. What I do know is that we should all be seeking to improve. Kindness. Being good to one another. Friendships. I watch motivational speakers etc., and they all seem to point out the notion of 'passion'. The one thing that you would jump out of bed to do for free. Not everyone has that. My passions are fleeting, just as many other things may be in this life. It's not an easy answer, but it's good to have good people in your life. For now, my friends have been awesome.