Thread: Insanity
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 11:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Grendhar

I saw you asked recently about plans

It all sounds really good but my question is, what would make a person who really wants a drink open up their 3 ring binder and look at their plan?
You need to have the desire for change.

You have to be prepared to work to have that change happen.

You need to be prepared for a little discomfort and a little self-deprivation.

You can see that you put a lot of effort into your drinking - going home to get your ID - right?
You need to put that level of commitment and effort, an d a little bit more, into not drinking.

I can't tell you how to make better decisions, man.

I can tell you how I got that desire - I lost everything and nearly died from my drinking.
It's not a way I recommend for you or anyone else.

I do know you'll be better off stopping sooner rather than later.
The sooner you stop, the more things you get to keep - family, relationships, dignity, jobs, respect, trust...

Maybe it's a good idea to re-read your old posts - get an idea of whats at stake when you allow that thought of drinking again to take over.

Having a recovery plan that targets those mad ideas will be a help. If you've thought about it enough and put in enough effort into devising it, you should know what to do without needed to open the binder

and no matter what you decide - please don't drive and drive - a DUI, or even worse an accident, is not something you want to be dealing with now.

D