View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

The agreement didn't outline the ramifications, per se, for AXH's no shows, not like "no-show x number of times and that's it, no more visitation." But it did give me the following power:
  • DS and I could go do other stuff on the days that AXH didn't show up or didn't show up with a visitation supervisor.
  • I could say no to schedules or revisions to schedules that AXH proposed (demanded) - last minute or otherwise.
  • I could say no to any new visitation supervisors he proposed.

The fault for not seeing DS was on AXH, not me. He failed to follow the visitation plan and its requirements. And when he no-showed Saturday and then tried to pick DS up on Sunday, it was an attempt to change the schedule set up by the court. The change definitely wasn't discussed or approved by both us, so I was under no obligation to grant his "request". The judge even said during the hearings that I could take *this* plan to the bank. I didn't have to negotiate, and I still had (have) a hard time believing I could.

But here's the upshot that I try to keep in mind: *This* is the plan. AXH's proposed changes or last minute revisions are not the plan. I have a right to go by the plan. AXH's right to see DS is based on him following the plan.

I think you have much more power than you might realize, just like I did.