Thread: Insanity
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
OpenTuning

If books sometimes sit on the shelf, then can I highly recommend you start your research on AVRT with the online Crash Course (just Google that for a link). It's free, and is the theory behind AVRT in an easy to follow way. I never did read the book, the online version did the trick for me. But also, I think you ordered the Allen Carr How to Control Your Drinking book? For me that was a great additional weapon against that part of me that might say driving back to get my ID, so I can then drink and drive later, rather than just staying at the restaurant and enjoying a sober meal, was a good idea.

I decided to quit drinking before I hit a rock bottom. I have a wife, children, a home, I didn't want to lose all of that for the sake of alcohol. If you'd had an accident while driving home over the limit, possibly injured or killed your girlfriend, or some stranger and their family, you would be at your rock bottom right now. Maybe see that as a lucky escape for you. Lives can change forever in an instant, from one bad decision. I really hope you choose to skip hitting that rock bottom. Why not throw out the rest of that beer you bought and start your sober journey again right now. We'll all be here to try and help you every step of the way.