View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bluebird418

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I wish the bolded part were true... My anxiety about holding him to the decree is that when I have done this (around his losing parenting entirely due to not being sober) he files frivoulous motions to take me to court and it is disruptive to ME and my work life. He never gets anywhere with it but it's disruptive nonetheless.

My putting my foot down makes him ramp up his insanity usually.

DD is going to be 8. And she and her sister were in the house when their father broke in on her bday a year ago and smashed a door in and assaulted me in front of them. So they are keenly aware and anxious as well about whether he will act similarly.

Given his level of rage last night in text and email and his multiple calls to me all of which I ignored, I am alarmed too
I really know how you feel here, its so hard to make decisions like this in the midst of so much insanity. For me, I placated my ex a lot because he was just easier to deal with that way. But it came back to bit me in ass later 10 fold. Youre attorney is right, and given the circumstances (i am not sure of the laws in your state) its possible you could get another RO with all this harassment.

I try to look at things as simply and rational as possible (understanding addiction is NOT rational). If someone told me i had to do things 1-10 to see my daughter I would do them immediately, to the best of my ability, and notify whoever possible that they were done. You are the victim here and he is not. If he truly cares about his children he would do what he is supposed to do; he can say whatever he wants but thats the very simple truth. You are doing a good job sticking up for yourself and your kids, I know how hard it is. My DD has a birthday coming up next month and I am not letting my ex see her. He hasnt seen her since before christmas. Whos fault is it? His, because he didnt do what was asked.