Old 03-06-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Right, I mean, don't go out to bars. I just mean that there's booze ads everywhere, booze in the stores, and unless you live in a cave, booze at social occasions. I mentioned the 10k thing because I didn't expect my friends to order drinks at 11 a.m. on a Sunday morning. I wasn't prepared for that. Even back in October I was tapering down, so I said no thanks without much problem, but still, I can tell it's going to be a lifelong struggle.
There is booze everywhere but for me, I pretty much managed to avoid going to places where I knew alcohol would be for a few months.

I needed to do that. I needed to put clear distance between the old me I had been and the new me I wanted to become.

I had no sense of confidence I'd be ok around booze in the beginning. Over time I gained those sober muscles and it was fine but I still think that initial period was a great investment in my future.

I didn't just sit at home, I did other things - coffee dates, movies, walks in the park, hobbies, interests. It was a nice time

D