Old 03-06-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Outonthetiles

Originally Posted by safeandsound View Post
Auggie, the EXACT SAME THING happened to me! He even snuck into my parents' basement to read older journals once he was done with the recent ones! Very sick relationship. I didn't write in a journal for 18 years after that.

Like you I now have someone I trust. Just wanted to share that I write every day in a journal now, and that has helped my recovery probably more than anything else. Go ahead! It's such a relief.
Jealousy is a relationship killer. I've suffered from it, but never did anything wildly crazy. At least in my opinion. Even in my relationship now, early on there was the worst type of jealousy you can ever imagine. So bad that I went to counselling. I was drinking at the same time, so it was not all the productive. Ironically, my shrink--who had plenty of his own problems---was a huge drinker in college and I noticed loads of alcohol type books in his office, but at the time I didn't recognize my problem and I could never have revealed to him the stuff that I've revealed now. I was in denial and I was lying to myself. I could write a book.