Old 03-06-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
GardenGal
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Co x 3 is gonna be sad she missed all this Sunday fun!
Yes! I don't even know where to begin in terms of replying to y'all [is that our class' favorite word, or what? ], but this has been a fun day. And it's only half over for me! LOL

I've started to look at other stuff on this site -- OMG, there's a lot besides posts.
Thought Stopping: A Technique to Quiet the Negative Voice in Your Head

knb, I'm so glad I was able to help someone today [your new Netflix!!]. Might be a first for me on SR? Which step is that, again?

OOTT, it's ok to admit to 'ghetto' drinking. Wine might sound all high falutin', and I'm pretty sure very many people are in denial who are addicted to it, but trust me, I used to drink hard stuff, just not at home. Long Island Iced Teas were a favorite of mine at dance clubs [very quick buzz], and I only recently gave up tequila, though I still bought the 'good stuff' [añejo].

I'm starting to understand the early sobriety brain fog that I've read about here. Today when I wanted to make room on the stove for my homemade chicken stock, I grabbed the espresso pot [Italian type -- prepared on the stovetop] while it was still hot, and sort of burned my hands. Normally I would have only done this drunk, and probably barely felt any pain until the next day, but today I immediately grabbed a ton of ice! Yikes. My brain is definitely in a bit of fog… just like the city not far from here.