Old 03-06-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
opalblue

Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
That's me, as well, Lee. That is what makes this quit the final quit, for me. I have finally acknowledged that I will not/can not drink in moderation for very long. It starts with a glass of wine with dinner and nothing for a few days or weeks but eventually it turns into small amounts of daily consumption and eventually I'm out of control, again. In some ways I think it's easier this time. The question of to drink or not to drink is simply, no longer on the table. Drinking is no longer an option. I took Dee's advice and made a plan, it's still a work in progress. No matter my triggers, no matter what life throws at me, drinking is not an option. Welcome to the class of Februdoodles!
Thinking the same Lee and Auggie. Spent too many long years trying to drink normally. Had a few patches of moderation but it always ended with drinking daily like an alcoholic. I feel at peace to know that I am powerless over alcohol cause now I know what I need to do.

But that word forever frightens the pants off me so I would rather take it every 24 hours.