Old 03-06-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
GardenGal
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by Cococo View Post
I never claimed to be the only person struggling. I guess there are degrees of it though.
Not everyone divulges all that they are struggling with [me, for example]. I've chewed on the worst of it too much for ~3 years, and if I divulge all at once, I will surely drive to the liquor store. I know that about me now.

I'm really working on staying positive, but it's not easy. Wish I'd found this site sooner when I was in the depths of despair, but I was in denial about the EtOH. I despair more when I drink, and I need to remind myself of that, everyday, probably for the rest of my life.

I haven't even admitted to what SHOULD have been where my rock bottom was to any of my counselors [yet], and not sure I will here. Let's just say it involved the police and unwanted time away from my family.

So let's all try to re-group and not have any hard feelings. I mean, I could feel bad about what you said about gardening, but I won't. It is medicine for some of us, and maybe Dee was just trying to support that. It's a positive thing -- unless done drunk, which I have many times, and have the injuries to prove it!

Happy Sunday, y'all. It's not Mother's Day in the USA, but what the heck, I can celebrate it twice.

Coco, I am SO very sorry about your loss. I did not know that. I haven't read the thread from the beginning; perhaps I should. I got a late start here in Feb. Dee, safe travels and wishing you strength in your bereavement.