Old 03-05-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
GardenGal
Nature Lover & Plantoholic

Originally Posted by SansaS View Post
Wow I will have to pick your brain about my garden lol. I am basically a beginner gardener but I am enjoying it so much! We are on an acre (not sure what that is in your measurements) but there is quite a lot of maintenance. My plan for tomorrow is to prune my wisteria
I'm on an acre, but I'm not sure if our acre is the same as yours? Crazy US measurements…

Mine is only about half landscaped, the rest wild. Little by little I will get there, but I don't want to be too overwhelmed. What used to be my 'great escape' [gardening] has turned into something of a chore. I need to re-wire my thinking into looking at it more positively, as I have in the past. Another problem is the neighbors here… they make being outside a much less favorable experience than at my old place. They make a sh*t ton of noise, daily. This used to be a rural area, but it no longer is -- they're not very up to speed. Putting up a massive fence recently has helped, YES!

Anyhoo, rather than get all angry and drink [while gardening - not super safe], I just decide to go do something else when they act up. It still sucks, though!

Do you grow many Aussie native plants? Another Australian botanist that I know here in CA asks me "WHY do you grow those weeds?" LOL. Your native birds thrive on them, so why grow anything else over there?

I wanted to study botany at Uni, but my dad didn't think I'd ever find a decent job.