View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Thanks for the concerns and advice. I'll quit doing it. Btw, for those who didn't see it, I do like to refer to post #30.

The original idea came from CBT. I've had a lot of that and part of it is exposure therapy. Part of that is exposing yourself to the things that you fear. That is not done in a vacuum though, there's steps before and after it. And you do it in gradual steps to desensitize yourself to the stimulus.

That has worked really well for me for other problems, so I figured I could apply the same method to alcohol.

But given the responses, I'll quit doing it.

i hadent looked into CBT last night. did a couple hours of reading. didnt read anywhere anyone saying to do what ya said.

please remember to use common sense. this is a life or death matter. your next drink very well could kill you.
im gonna go out in my shop now. gotta do some work on my table saw. im gonna pull all the guards off. i know thats not safe. could very well cut my hand off.
but ive read and watched videos of people using their table saws without the guards all the time!
nevermind all the stories of people who did the same and lost a hand,fingers, or just have a mangled up hand now.
ill still not use the guards because someone wrote they did it without the guards.