View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 04:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by SadInTX View Post
Just in my opinion and in MY experience you did a courageous thing by calling CPS. You started the process. It sounds like it is going to be a long one.
I am wondering if the Ex Husband of your friend will go to a lawyer and file for temporary full custody of the kids while this CPS case is going on. He can even file for this without CPS case.
It sounds like you are a very caring person and did what you thought was best for those kids. Thank you.
I hope he does... one of the last things I said to her was that given our families closeness and connections, I was unable to tell her I would not support her ex if he did decide to do that- particularly if she continued to admit to lying to cover up the bf's drinking and unsafe behavior that I KNOW impacts the kids...

I meant it too and I guess I maybe hoped that it would scare her into her senses and get her to act in a way that made her kids be her priority...

In hindsight it was a bad idea to have said that to her-- some things are better left in my mind and heart and if I want to act on them I can -- telling her that outright seems to have sent her off the deep end, scurrying as much as she can to hide the truth and protect the bf and sadly, by her choosing to involve the police she just hurt herself all the more.

But if nothing changes in what she's doing (and I will not know bc I am done being in touch with her) then I DO hope the ex husband seeks temp custody... As it is he has 50/50 custody so it's not a stretch to ask temporarily for the kids more often while the live in bf is facing several counts of aggravated DWI among other things...