View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post

I have two questions for those who are ok being around alcohol and people who are drinking. How did you get to that point? And how do you feel in those situations?
Good questions Mike. So far I've had a few situations like going out to dinner in which this was all put to the test. And, it was actually an "assignment" from my counselor that the next we go out in public and people around you are drinking, pay attention to how you feel at the moment. So we were out to dinner with my son and his girlfriend and they ordered mixed drinks and I ordered a virgin. I wasn't tempted to drink alcohol and it went okay.

Grocery shopping. Don't know about where you live, but the grocery stores around here and really promoting wine and have vamped up their wine section like you wouldn't believe. It also seems there are more and more beer varieties out there more than ever now. Like you, my visceral response has a been a bit of nausea and I just tell myself I only want to healthy things in my body and will continue to feel so much better that way. Instead of drinking alcohol, I drink other healthy beverages and getting plenty of fluids is amazing in how it improves your health, your skin, etc.

Another thing that is a challenge is some restaraunts really seem to be pushing the wine. Not only do we not want to drink it for addiction reasons, it adds a lot of expense to the meal. We're saving a bundle by not buying that bottle of wine!