View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Deeplybrkn...

Welcome to the Board. I'm sorry for what has brought you to us, but I'm also thankful that you made the effort to post. Other members will be by to greet you in due course. Until they do, I'd like to share my thoughts with you.

When you made the decision to marry and have children with a meth/heroin addict, you concurrently assumed the risk of the worst case scenario. What is the worst case scenario? What you've described above: a relapse with children in the picture.

My intention, Deeplybrkn, is not to adjudicate what has already happened, or to slam you for your decisions. My intention is to merely point out that every decision we made has intended and unintended consequences. For whatever reasons you had, you hitched your wagon to him. And in that regard, you're certainly not alone. We have a lot of women here who've made similar calls which have come back to bite them in the backside.

So now it's gut check time. From what you describe, it sounds like you're preparing to ride this out with him. If that's your play, OK, but you need to assess what the risk is, both to you and your children. And after assessing that risk, any and all options should be on the table, including options that you may not necessarily want to pull the trigger on.

Keep us posted, be safe, and again, Welcome to the Board.