View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Evienne

Hi Frickaflip, yeah I don't get how most people just don't notice. You are one of the good guys.

I actually called a bird shelter and they said it was best to put him back where I found him as they were flooded. Obviously, I couldn't.

And with the foal, it happened so fast and it seems like a dream. Didn't even think to give him to a refuge, my vet coached me through and trusted me to be the best mommy I could be, but he was just too damaged. I only had him for a day, but that day I felt like my presence on this planet really mattered. Hadn't felt like that in a loooong time, if ever. Too bad the pain lasts to this day. This goes hand in hand with my lack of self love: I feel I did everything wrong while rationally I know I didn't. But mostly I can't understand how he was just left to die there, and how this still goes on at lots of farms where animals are mere commodities.

Goes without saying that I am better prepared for next springs birdies. It was so much fun caring for him and watching him grow, and his death was a tragic accident, from which I learned a lot. I am looking for a new home and it can be tiny, but has to have plenty of room to make shelter for lost souls.

C'est ma raison d'être...