View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Sammy2 View Post
I just wrote a big long reply to this and the site logged me off at some point before posting it.. Sigh..

Well, instead of trying to recreate all the anecdotal evidence and support for what I'm about to say, I'm just going to say it.

Those kids will stay in that household because of the exact reason you stated. She is a professional. And obviously a good liar. CPS, the courts, their father--next to nothing will get them a secure environment in or out of that house.

So you have a choice. Walk away or get that woman an intervention and an education on what is means to be a victim of domestic violence and a co-dependant alcoholic. And get that damn boyfriend out of the house. Pay him if you have to. :p

That's the only way to help those kids now.
Given her attempts to allege harassment to the police and their advice to me to not contact her AT ALL (not bc Ive done anything wrong but to save me from HER further harassment and allegations), I can not contact her (for my own sake) at this point.

I can't risk my job, my freedom, my ability to provide and care for my own kids trying to help a woman who is bound and determined to cover for her loser addict...

But the loser addict is criminally involved now and will undoubtedly screw up and CPS will do their investigation and presumably THEY will contact me for input as I supplied evidence of her texts about the abuse that occurs, so I will do all I can in my discussions with them, to advocate for those kids...

But fortunately or unfortunately, my communication with her directly is over because she's gone off the deep end since sending the police to my home and Im not risking a rookie cop getting a call from her saying she didn't want contact with me and I contacted her and me running the risk of trouble for me...

Maybe Im being irrational but my experiences with the police in my town are that they are capricious at times, not altogether objective and it's a luck of the draw in terms of who shows us. My xAH is also drinking buddies with several of the local cops and there is no love lost between those few and me so I feel VERY fortunate a sane one showed up the other night, saw that the allegations were lies (since I gave him my phone and he read her harassing texts vs the other way around) and made the report to CPS...

I do not think it would be wise for MY own kids and their well being for me to risk being in touch with her again directly given what she's shown to be capable of.

But I assure you that when CPS or the police contact me about the child safety matter involving her kids, I will be 110% involved and do whatever I can to help them.