View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rose1990

New to recovery, seeking advice

Hi folks,

First time poster. It's been 2 days since my last drink. On that day I drank a half of a bottle of vodka, and blacked out. I tripped into my bed frame shattering it, hitting my spine and back of my head on the floor. I'm covered in bruises.

I'm still in mild pain from my injuries, concussion has been ruled out, but this was the 3rd time I blacked out that week from alcohol.

I'm embarrassingly covered in bruises and knew it was time for change. I signed up for this, and am seeking a secular recovery group in New York City.

I've been and on and off binge drinker for 10 years. While I didnt get drunk everyday, there were long streaks of almost every day. This past year my partner and I decided to "keep it to the weekends" but this hardly still seems healthy. Our tolerance is out of control, and I frequently pass out.

While I don't drink everyday at this point, I am still concerned about DT's and withdrawal and all that. I read good things about stopping drinking but then other sights say it may kill you.

So I'm concerned, should I be worried about seizures? Dying? All of this panic doesnt help me to stay away from the liquor store, but I am going to hang tough. Would appreciate some real life detox cold turkey stories.

Thanks!