Old 02-29-2016, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Firesong: I am sure he does not hate you, girl! Why assume worst case scenario? He is an addict. He is ill. He is sick, honey...his mind might be gone and it's all he can do to carry on himself, let alone be the type of friend that you really need. It's so important that you realize YOUR needs are what is most important here and doing what is best for your heart/mind/soul/body. He is a heroin addict in recovery. Do you know what you would be up against should you resume this friendship? It's not easy being with any addict and even if he IS in recovery, it's not a cake walk. I have no idea why he started using heroin in the first place, but it takes a lot of TIME to get to the bottom of the ISSUES and get your head straightened out. I know that while he is not really there for you your need for HIS friendship is not being met. Maybe he feels you are that one who hates him because of his addiction, ya know? A lot of addicts sort of assume no one wants anything to do with them anymore; that they are "fallen" and are now nothing but "dirt" because of their addiction. Just read around these boards and see all the posts here that condemn addicts. He probably thinks you are the one who no longer wants to be his friend, and so he has stayed away from you because it hurts him too much to be around you. I hope it will be okay for you...but, please, just sort of entertain the thought that because there has been very little or no communication, you really don't know what's going on with him or whether he wants to be your friend or not. Maybe he's confused.