View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lance40

Thanks for the additional responses - they are helpful. I've had a good weekend of getting refocused.

Yesterday I did some relaxation exercises with music and also found a YouTube guided meditation. We also got out for a day in nature and hiked in a mossy green rain forest type setting up to a waterfall. Today I went to a group meditation and then to a new exhibition at the art gallery. I had gotten in quite a rut, and all of that to-energized me and gave me a new perspective.

Sometimes not drinking starts to make me think I'm weak or a loser, but this morning when reading a list of celebrities who are sober I felt really validated because some of the ones I really look up to are on the list and I had no idea, especially someone like Tim McGraw who says he is innately shy and for years never performed without some kind of substance in him. To know that people who seem to have it all together go through the same stuff made me realize that sobriety is an honourable and desirable way to live life.