View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
It's a shame, but she's actually acting toward you the way abusers do toward their victims (accusing the victim of harassing them). As upset as you are with her, do your best to summon up some compassion. Abuse can get someone ALL twisted around--we even do presentations on appropriate handling of criminal cases where the abuser has coerced the victim into committing serious criminal acts. They don't get a "pass," but we do encourage prosecutors to factor that into the appropriate disposition of their cases.

Hugs,
Given my history of my xAH distorting reality and the police not always being kind to me (as you guys may recall a bit from my posts) I am still shaking, 10+ hours later from the police showing up at my home... I am actually PANICKING, wondering what level of crazy she will go to, to protect her boyfriend. Accusing ME of harassing her because I went to bat for her kids is SCARY...

It would not surprise me if she didn't take this further and seek a restraining order -- she did this to her sister years ago but told me it was because her sister was "crazy" and I of course believed her... I now have a new perspective on why her mom and sister have largely removed themselves from her life...

Im legitimately worried for my own well being because of how nuts she's become. And I do have compassion bc I can see what she is going through and why she is acting this way but this is my life too she is messing with and Im seriously freaking out.