Old 07-11-2005, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
escape artist

the book getting them sober has lots of good stuff esp. book number four about separations. you are allowed to take as much time away from him as you need. if a separation is what you need then take it-that is what i am doing right now.
and yes it is going to be an emotional rollercoaster i can tell-however, there is much good happening .
just this weekend i had a minor panic on friday afternoon-the keep up with the drinkers panic-like i have no life unless i am drinking. but then, i thought about it, looked around and relaxed-i don't have any drunkards in my back yard!! i don't have to worry about any lowlifes coming around my house and stealing anything! life is good! and we enjoyed the weekend in a normal manner! i saw all around me normal healthy people-when i went to the store- and began to think that normal healthy people may go to the store on saturdays with their spouses because they are not obsessed with GETTING THAT DRINK!!
and when i don't see him- i keep my equalibrium fairly well, and am beginning to feel more like myself.
another good point that helps me to relax is to be reminded that -if your relationship is meant to be then it will be-in God's time. so there- i don't have to Worry about it because if it is meant to be it will work out. and if not- God has something better planned for me. and i trust that. in fact faith i have a printout of one of your other posts pinned right here by my computer where myself and the world can read it. i am not sure who wrote it but it starts out with 'OK I'd say you found the faith you were chasing. First, that God loves you and he won't let you be unhappy. .....'
you will be ok. just keep posting! we're right here with you!