Old 02-25-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Stubbs16

Hello friends of February,

Im catching up on posts with some decaff this morning. Woke up with a very bad sore throat, seems thats going around. Very susceptible to kids germs too. With four of them being here, and bringing home stuff from school too. Going to have to beef up on the vitamin C.

I know I must sound very weak, all the times I have had to "restart". It is pathetic, I agree. I didnt really want those beers the other night, but that was my normal reaction to when s**t hits the fan. But honestly, I have been known to "celebrate " good times too, which unfortunately have been few and far between for too long. Point is, its really just addiction, anyway you want to slice it. Reminds me of an old song with the title " What were once vices have now become habits" or something along those lines. Not sure of the artist.

As Ive said before, theres alot that needs to change around here. Some of you are probably familiar with my story, as I have posted about it in other classes, forums. And yes, I dont have anything near to a Normal life. Not as I perceive normal to be anyways. I just cant change it, and others. Just as nobody can change me, my drinking, except me. But, I can change me. Its about all I can control. So, thats why Im here, and praying, doing a few meetings, reading recovery books, etc. I do believe it can and will happen. So, sorry to sound like a broken record around here. I want to emphasize that I really do want change, and that Im really trying for it.

Thanks for caring.