Old 02-24-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Paix Amour

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Thanks, co X 3, I love the shoutout. I've learned a lot here in the past three weeks. I really can't express how grateful I am to everyone here. I literally would not have made made it this far without SR and everyone here. I don't go to meetings, I don't have a "plan" per se, but posting here and being part of an e*community works for me.
Youre welcome, you deserve it!

Im similar to you.......I don't go to meetings, I don't have a plan as such and Im not really struggling that much (no bad physical withdrawl symptoms).

I don't know about you, but Im thinking perhaps its because I wasn't a very heavy drinker in alcoholic terms. I don't know. Don't get me wrong.......I have had physical withdrawl symptoms, just not that bad. I have more psychological withdrawl symptoms.

I do have a very loose plan. And I do need to concrete that up a bit. I am going to work on it this weekend. Type it up.

I don't know about you, but I think Ive nipped this thing in the bud at the right time, before I hit absolute rock bottom. In 1, 2 or 3 years time I know I would've progressed with my drinking and I would be very strongly physically and psychologically addicted and dependent on large amounts of alcohol over a 24 hour period.

I read some stories on here last night where they woke up at 4am shaking violently, sweating profusely and in a mental panic, they HAD to head for the spirits and have 6 shots of spirits to feel better, then went back to bed until 6am, then got up at 6am, knocked back another 2 shots of spirits and prepared a premix (alcohol and fizzy/juice) in a large coloured non see through sipper drink bottle for the day, then headed to work, then drank that by start of lunchtime, then headed to a bar at lunchtime for more drinks, then back to work, then rushed home from work and drank the night away until midnight, then woke up at 4am and repeat and repeat.

Im so glad I never let it get that bad. It probably would've though.