View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  
bdiddy5522

Every so often I check in and read some posts. So happy to see the progress many of you are making. It makes me happy.

Sobriety does not come without some heartache and setbacks. Shoot, we used alcohol to numb ourselves from the good and the bad. Once that numbing agent (alcohol) is removed, we are forced to actually deal with our emotions and feelings. It can be painful, but man is it worth it.

I wish you all the best. A day at a time. I came here quite a few years ago, looking to find a way to stop moderate my drinking. ha. I am an alcoholic, no doubt about it. Once I accepted that, my mindset started to change. Alcohol is simply not an option for me. But that being the case, I needed to find a way to cope with life and be happy. Simply removing the alcohol is a miserable way to live.

A little over six years later without a drink, life is better than I ever thought possible. Yes, "life" still happens but dealing with it clear headed is such a gift. I pray you all experience the many blessings sobriety has to offer. I have to remind myself every day that I AM an alcoholic. Every morning I get up, I make the choice if I am going to drink that day or not. We all have that choice. But for us alcoholics, we know what decision we need to make. There is nothing so bad in life that a drink can't make worse.

Brent K.