View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

I'm a bargain hunter!

This is a guilty pleasure I had almost forgotten and was suddenly stirred by the thought today of post-Valentine's Day foraging. As I was working from home, I took off around 2pm for said hunting and scored! Three dozen roses in various hues to share with my in-residence kids at $4/dozen. I got the red. A huge Whitman's Valentine and a bag of Lindor truffles at a steal, an 8" chocolate chip cookie for $2 and a dozen frosted sugar cookies for $1.

Looks like the sweet tooth kicked in just when I was thinking I was in the clear! Good thing I'm one of those "If I have it I don't need it" kind of gals - at least with sugar.

Interestingly but perhaps predictably the booze-hound was triggered by the thrill of the bargain. I recognized it, drove myself back on home and took an Antabuse in front of the middle daughter. This was a two-fer as she may just have been wondering if I'd been buying Vodka in the midst of my travels.

All in all, it was a thoroughly enjoyable day which I will now top off by cooking my bargain steak purchased yesterday.