View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
jjj111

Thanks, everybody! It's so hard to believe that I will leave here with a baby! This has been a long time coming! He is still monitoring well, and my BP has actually been pretty good the past couple days, just slightly elevated. So hopefully he can cook a while longer. I have chosen a name--I am going to name him after my great uncle, who was like a grandfather to me. He lived in my town for most of my childhood and spent a lot of time with me. He loved to play cards and teach me different games. And he was a very calm presence in my life--really the only adult relative I had who was sober! My parents both drank, but my great uncle never did and it was always a special time when he came and spent a Saturday night with us, a real break from the insanity. And he was so generous in such a humble way. I didn't know until I was grown that he had always paid for most of my and my siblings Christmas presents! He always told my Mom not to tell us. He was also a very talented artist, and I have several of his lovely paintings hanging in my home. His name was Felix. I talked to my psychiatrist last week at a kind of low point when I was feeling very anxious, and she pointed out that name means "happiness." And it's true, despite the rough ride, the arrival of this baby will be one of the most joyous things to ever happen to me.