Old 02-12-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JLOBYXMAS

Yep, sounds familiar. My XAH went to a car show where my daughter, son and grandchildren were. The kids called to tell me that he was drunk so I told them to just leave. On their way home, after taking an alternate route, low and behold here comes my AH in the opposite lane coming directly towards them, the car full of the only people on the planet that I truly care about, they had to swerve to miss a head on collision. My daughter called me immediately to say what had happened and without even a second thought I told her to call the police. She did, gave them all the info, including his name and our address and my husband was field sobriety tested and arrested on my front lawn in front of all my neighbors. Not a kodak moment.
Even after what he did, he had the audacity to be mad at my daughter for calling. He didn't speak to her for months. One of the many reasons that he is now my ex husband.
You did the right thing, you may have saved someone's life. The way I look at it, if the alcoholic wants to run themselves into a bridge and kill themselves then so be it, the problem lies in the fact that they typically come out of an accident unscathed, while killing innocent bystanders.
As I read the paper today, all of the DUI accidents and arrests, it turns my stomach, that could have so easily been my family.
You did the right thing!