View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 10:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Longpasttime

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
All I can say is that I am steering the ship and its going in the proper direction. Each day it becomes slightly clearer that returning to a lifestyle of alcohol is just not a wise choice. Moderation is a complete joke and binge drinking will kill me. Almost all of my problems are rooted in alcohol, my few successes have been entrenched in hard work, focus and alcohol had no seat at the table.
Bro, what in the world is your reason for not committing to sobriety? Do you expect your relationship to alcohol to get better somehow? It sounds to me like you are afraid of committing and subsequently failing in the eyes of others, but is that possibility worth giving up your life for? If you are like most of us, your current "progress" is a lull in the storm. I hope that does not sound harsh, but i say it because it is also a wonderful opportunity to use the improvements you have made as a stepping stone to total sobriety. You have some confidence and perspective now and I really hear you wanting to do that but having some fear and intellectual self talk (AV) about it. Do it, today, NOW, we are with you!