Old 02-11-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Originally Posted by saggirl1125 View Post
She is who suggested that it will trigger relapse and likely a suicide attempt. Not that it makes me responsible, she was clear about that, but it's just a fragile early stage.
That's pretty irresponsible on the part of the Therapist. SHE doesn't know that it will trigger a relapse or "likely a suicide attempt". My God, says who? Has your ABF attempted suicide before? I get that he is in a fragile state totally understandable, but future tripping on him and what he will do IF he finds out to the point of ending his life nobody knows.

Kudos for calling. You might have saved a life or two, its gutsy and hard to do with a loved one.

My husband is also Bi=polar. I lived with him untreated in what I would call the worst year of my life. Its not uncommon for bi-polar and other mental illness to threaten suicide. Unfortunately some do so each instance should be treated seriously.

My husband has been successfully treated for 3.5 years and its seldom that I ever see much of the BP behavior. Here and there insomnia and sometimes a bit of cycling but its nothing significant. The meds have come a very long way from the old days of lithium treatments. I wish the best for your ABF, its a horrible disease when undiagnosed and it looks like so many other things it often gets misdiagnosed. Hoping for his successful recovery.

I hope you are taking care of yourself through all this and again, thank you for calling.