View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

If I was to say, "I will never let alcohol touch my lips again for the rest of my life", and 2 years from now I have complete meltdown and go on a bender, well now I've broken that promise and what are those people who I made that statement to going to think of me. They are going to think I'm an untrustworthy failure. And a liar. And weak. Right? And the mean ones are going to rub it in my face to make me feel even worse because it makes them feel good to make others feel horrible about themselves.

oh good grief, are we in Junior High???? worried about our "cred" and our popularity and what the other clique is saying about us???

we don't make the commitment to get sober and STAY sober for anyone else or in hopes of gaining approval. we do it for ourselves and the rest of them can all go to hell in a handtruck. the only person we need to worry about letting down is the one looking back at us in the mirror.

sorry jeff, i'm not buying that load.....not from you.

you know that here on SR we can't give kudos to moderation......its impractical and potentially deadly. i mean people make dashes across busy freeways and SURVIVE, but no one throws them a party for doing so. no one says YAY your stupidity didn't kill you today!

one thing i want to caution you about....right now you are posting positively about being sober, the benefits, doing the Superbowl sober, etc. yet i've seen this pattern with you before...where you start talking BIG about NOT drinking, while not commiting to not drinking and then next thing ya know......ole Jeffy had himself a drinkie poo. be careful you aren't that boy whistling in the dark they talk about in the Big Book..........